Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Hey Mama, welcome to the '60's!!!

I had the best day ever(!) yesterday.
I left my house at 9:45 am and didn't come home until 9:45 pm. Oh, did I mention that my husband stayed at home with the kids for the entire day. (Ok, I did stop home for 15 minutes to change clothes and to get my kids in their pajamas). But I had the entire day to myself which allowed me to do all the many miscallenous things that have been floating around my head for the past two months under the subheading of "Things that need to be accomplished, sorted out or even planned once I get the day to myself". It was blissful.(Jeep you are the most amazing husband in the WORLD!!!!Muah!)
I got to do all that and more and I even got some unplanned things accomplished off of my summer list.
I really wanted to go for a hike (#37 on the summer list) and spend an hour in prayer, so that's how I started my adventurous day. Then I went looking for a spot to organize my upcoming homeschooling and household adventures. Found a perfect spot right beside the river and sat there for two hours (#36 find "my" spot). Then I got to hang out at the park in a relatively quiet spot and I wrote for three and a half hours, and saw a baseball game (#7 on my list).
And to top the whole day off I met up with my good friend Becky to catch a little bit of "HairSpray". I love this ending song to the film. It was the perfect way to end my day. The film itself has you smiling the whole time but I literally danced home.
And after my glorious day of refreshment, I'm convinced that "You can't stop the Beat."


PS Extra summer list things that I've accomplished:
21. Skip with a jumprope
23. watch the clouds with Jeep
44. Play cards with Jeep and drink cheap beer
49. Cook with a vegetable I've never cooked with before (artichoke...interesting)
50. Go to the farmer's market
54. Request a song on the radio
64. Go somewhere completely unexpected ...thanks Jeep!
77. play paint tag

5 comments:

Keshi said...

Nice one Diva!

**Cook with a vegetable I've never cooked with before (artichoke...interesting)

hehe I dun think I've even eaten artichokes in my life. Not sure :)

Keshi.

Unknown said...

HW you rock! I would love to hang with you some time! It does sound like Jeep is a great husband. Time alone to organize your thoughts is so incredibly important...

Your "joie de vivre" is inspiring and it makes me happy!

Thanks for an awesome, uplifting post!

Anonymous said...

50. Go to the farmer's market
54. Request a song on the radio

I like those ones :)

I hear about people making lists all the time and it always sounds like so much fun, maybe its time I write my own? Great post :)

Nadine said...

Great post. I love your list and how you post the things you've done.

Anonymous said...

I gotta tell you............. I love your posts. So colorful, you always take me to where you are. You are a very colorful, and unique woman. I like you!