Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Crazy Cravings:Laap


I have been craving Laap for a few days now. I love this Thai dish. It is my favourite and it is so delicious. It's one of those foods that is really hard to stop eating, so make lots of it!
This is usually eaten with a really neat sauce but I didn't have all the ingredients so I used straight lime juice and, oh, did it suffice!
You use the cabbage like a wrap and eat the meat and rice together. Romaine lettuce is a nice substitute and gives it a fresh, crisp taste. The cabbage balances it well. It's hard to decide which I like better.
As said earlier, this is highly addicting and you have to make a lot of it because you just eat it and eat it and...I'm hungry now and need to get another bowl of it.
*Note, I use ground beef instead of pork, and sweet chili sauce for chicken instead of fresh chilies. Gotta use what you have on hand!

2 comments:

Jen said...

This looks so yummy...I might just have to try it! The fish sauce...how salty is that? I have used Oyster Sauce in the past, but not fish sauce.

Shaun and Holly said...

OK...I love colour...

...so, I couldn't help but notice the wonderful contrast with the purple cabbage and the lime green!

WOW! Love it!

Lovely to look at and lovely to eat! ;o)