Wednesday, April 16, 2008

The inner workings of a diva

Took this from Cheryl's site:
What I was doing 10 years ago:
I was living in Wisconsin. An interesting experience that brought forth two great friends (Jenny and Mary W), pruned a bunch of other relationships and brought a whole lot of life lessons. (ugh! I worked in a daycare while there! What was I thinking?)

Five Snacks I enjoy: (not in any kind of order!)
1. Salsa and nachos
2. Yogurt and berries
3. Ritva crackers with old cheese and avocado
4. Warm blueberry pie
5. chocolate of some sort-has to be dark though. Can't stand that cheap milk chocolate!

Things I would do if I were a billionaire:
(if I was a billionaire, obviously I'd be tithing and giving. And clearly, I'd be imparting wisdom to my children so that they would handle the money they would inherit. And since my love language is gift-giving and I'm a billionaire, it goes without saying that my kids are very blessed and my friends are generously loved)
1. Find investments that bring a return of 300 to 400% returns annually
2. Establish a fund/grant for people with disabilities enabling them to follow different dreams, fully pay for proper accessibility within their housing, pursue educational opportunities, money for families who want to adopt children with special needs,etc.
3. Partner with Compassion International and work in the worst hit countries (Haiti, African nations, etc) helping to create infastructure and meet practical needs
4. Buy, sell, flip real estate (apartment buildings, malls, etc)
5. Help others learn how to create wealth

Five jobs that I have had:(most recent first)
1. Television producer
2. Cleaning lady for homes
3. Gladiola Farm worker (great job! Always got to take home flowers)
4. Dance Teacher
5. Mall worker schlepping luggage for minimum wage

Three of my habits:
1. Taking a very long time to decide what to order at a restaurant
2. Braiding my hair or putting it up when it's wet so it dries with a bit of curl
3. Always locking the door

Bad Habits...
1. Procrastinating about the dishes
2. Sometimes telling myself "I can't" and believing it
3. making it sound like I know more than I do about the topic I am discussing with other people

Five place I have lived:
1. Thunder Bay, ON
2. Stevens Point, WI
3. Tyendinaga Territory
4. Medicine Hat, AB
5. Narnia-I mean, only in my imagination, but surely that counts

Five things not many people know about me:
1. I like not having a lot of stuff. If I could live life out of a back pack, I'd be so happy.
2. I always wanted to be a librarian
3. I used to bite my sister til she would bleed
4. I don't use a credit card. If I can't buy it in cash today, I don't buy it.
5. I like to go ultra light flying (that's a plane that has no real sides and the only thing holding you up is a chair that's held by buckles and welding)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the new look of the blog!! Beautiful!

Dave Ramsey ROCKS!! Just discovered him and can't wait to be debt free!!

Shaun and Holly said...

Has your sister forgiven you yet?

Nadine said...

Loved reading your lists...I love chocolate too.

I agree with LL - the new look is really nice.

Amy said...

I'm still wearing the mark mamma...