Friday, April 17, 2009

Reader Questions Round 1.


Here are the answers to some of the questions asked by Jen.
 I picked hers because it's 10:54 pm and I'm tired but still wanting to get a jump on answering these questions.

Jen asked:
When you were 10, what did you want to be when you grew up? A ballerina.
When you were 20? A television producer for Christian TV. I did get to do that...and some of my favourite things I accomplished are :
- I created a number one show for Christian music in India (now some might say that that's grasping at straws, but India is a large audience),
-up to that point Tim Hughes said that my interview with him was the best and most honest interview anyone had ever done with him. I interviewed him about the release of his new album When Silence Falls. That was a personal victory for me.
-I made friends with Bill Wilson and now regularly hang out with him once a year when he's in town
-I did a quick stand up interview with the then-Prime Minister Paul Martin
-I "stole" Greg Sczebel's Juno ( A Juno is the Canadian equivalent to a Grammy)
-I got to tape a segment of me saying over the loud speaker of Value Village "Attention Shoppers! The '80's are over, please dress accordingly" (I stuck that one in for you Jenny McQ)
Now?
I LOVE my full time role of mom. I do tell my kids that when I grow up the job I would love to have is to be a librarian. I'm serious.

3 comments:

Jen said...

Isn't it interesting how our dreams, goals and desires change as we get older.
All I ever wanted was to be a mommy and run a daycare...I am one and did the other for 11 years or more....now, I am enjoying a new career in an area I never expected...I like being able to set personal goals within my position and love seeing results. It's a great out let for my perfectionism and lets my family off the hook....a little!

Banking career, then family and daycare, now working in highschools....who'd have thought one would lead to the other? Well, the One who counts did, but I have no regrets over any of my choices and being a little more mature and having lived a little more of life, I think I have more to offer with less pressure on myself to make a name for myself.


I am not a big fan of "aging", but love what maturity brings to the table.

Jenny said...

muahahah Holls the thing about the 80s nearly killed me. You have an amazing memory

Tamatha said...

Are you sure you want to work in a library? You can't laugh very loud there!