Tuesday, October 20, 2009

You can read Pride and Prejudice online? You bet your dupa!

I unearthed this from my email inbox--remember, I told you about these? Here are some excerpts from a letter I wrote to a friend who lives in Thailand. (I love you, Beckkkkkky!) She deserves a blog post all her own and one day I will write about her. (She's in the top 5 hall of fame of the best type of friends a girl can have).


Here is how I write a letter with very little sleep under my belt:



Dear Becky-Jean,


So...update on life. I got a hair straightener for Christmas.


I read the book Pride and Prejudice online.

Yup, on the computer. I googled it and there it was.

It sounded like a good idea at the time. It did.

Really.

I couldn't get to the library and I had never read it before. And, hello, I live in North America and have no concept of waiting, so I went online. It was very good, and although I had sore eyes, I'm glad that I got to read it.


My youngest girl is walking and consequently trying to climb up the bookshelf and eat bottles of food colouring. She says "hi". Not sure if it's a general statement or if it's directed at you.


I was on the tv show Behind the Scenes and in my own unbiased opinion, I have to say that I looked very, very good on TV :) Thank you Revlon for making sparkly eyeshadow.


God is awesome (I was hoping to have something surprising to write, but you know Jesus, He's always consistent with Himself) I've been growing in His word a lot and been learning about forgiveness again (one day I am going to write a book called "When will the Healing end?" followed by a sequel "Will it ever end?" and then the trilogy clincher "Just accept it. You will need healing until your last breath, and by then, it won't really matter because you'll be face to face with Jesus and you are going to worship for all eternity” I'm expecting it will become a bestseller. Possibly a movie deal.)


I'm contemplating doing a triatholon this year. Not sure if I want to have a baby or to swim,bike and run. It's a tough call. They are kind of the same thing--except you look better in a bathing suit for one of them.


After 6 months I've finally unpacked every box from our move this summer.Which is perfect timing, because now I can use those empty boxes to start packing up our stuff for the move in May!


I ate a bag of dark truffles chocolate and now I despise milk chocolate candy--beware of the best...it spoils the good for you.


I spent New Year's with L. We were both without our husbands. I ate ham out of politeness because I don't actually eat pork, but I didn't know how to tell L. that, so I ate it and said that it was a good meal. This weighs heavy on my conscious....


I watched the Pride and Prejudice movie with Keira Knightley seven times in a span of 8 days. This prompted me to read the book.

Online. I read it online. I know I told you that, but it bears repeating.

Everyone tells me that the A&E version with Colin Firth is better. I'm eagerly anticipating the opportunity to verify this piece of information. My subsequent lack of vehicle has prevented me from obtaining such an opportunity, but I am conviced that the right moment will come and when it does, I will seize it and use it to my full advantage. ... I am still talking about renting a movie, right?


I think I need sleep. Or chocolate. Or a combination of both.

Miss you and hope that you are eating food that is good for your digestive system.


Love, Diva-Allie


If you liked this letter, you will laugh harder at this one.

2 comments:

Sami Jo said...

Man! You guys are WAY to quick and witty!! I'm gonna have to work at keeping up... Hysterical btw.

Cyndi said...

This is just for your confirmation - dark chocolate is by far superior to milk and Pride and Prejudice - the whole 6 hour version with Colin Firth is so much better than Keira Knightly's version. Mind you, you have to get past a lot of heaving bosoms....not something I personally will ever have to deal with but just giving you a heads up.