Friday, January 8, 2010

And lo the floodgates opened... and nothing poured forth

I have a confession to make.

I know, another one? Yes.
Why?

Confession: I am not very punctual at returning emails to people.
Well, let me clarify that. I am not punctual replying to emails that have no direct, must be answered now, content within them. I usually read the email and plan to reply the next time I get on.

We could call it procrastination, but that word is not allowed on this show. So, we'll call it 'delayed reciprocation'.

Yesterday, I decided to respond to emails that were from 2009. I wrote my little heart out. I got in touch with everyone who has written recently and everyone that I wanted to send a quick "Hi, how ya doing?, been thinking about you" email.

I used up a good portion of my computer time doing this. I left feeling pretty good about myself. Ah, something is getting accomplished this New Year.

And so it was, with great anticipation, I logged onto my email account today fully expecting a huge amount of reciprocity of emails from friends saying they were glad to hear from me again.

And lo...

3 comments:

halfpint said...

I'm sure the e-mails will come pooring in soon! BTW we lost three books recently! I didn't think of the underwear drawer...we were forgiven all three thankfully. I'm convinced I returned them and they were stolen because they are NOT at this house!

sara said...

Hahaha- good for you!!!

Tamatha said...

Hey....I didn't get an e-mail!lol:o)