Friday, January 29, 2010

Marshmallows...For His Glory

I've been camped out in John 14:13 lately.
"And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father."
To be quite honest, many times I was focused on the first part of that scripture: Jesus will do whatever I ask in His name.
That in itself is huge...as long as it goes hand in hand with the second part: SO THAT the Son may bring glory to the Father.

It's changed the way I pray. It's helped me realize that maybe my motives haven't been as pure as I thought. Maybe sometimes I was more interested in getting glory than watching Jesus bring pleasure to the Father.

I am camped out here today.
Marshmallows, anyone?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

YES PLEASE.

i love this. "so that the son may bring glory to the father..."
i think i need to remember this too.

Sami Jo said...

Love it! Thanks girl!

Tamatha said...

mmmmm.....have you ever toasted a marshmallow on your stove top?