Friday, March 14, 2008

A little squabble with my bro

I thought everyone might get a laugh from the emails between my brother and me about our iMac/PC faceoff. Hehe

Hey Hols,
oh and nice touch about the new imac, let us commoners(pc owners) grovel at the table of thy liege(mac users) in hopes that the crumbs of your excellency may rain down upon us, and we might taste the sweet necter of mac.
jeff

Hey Jess,
I would but love to let you have the crumbs of my excellency, but alas, the imac is too efficient to let but one morsel fall to the floor. I doth fear that ye must return to the days of sniffing the dirt. (To which, Dusty from the movie Twister, responds "better than what you sniff.")
Hols
ps btw, nectar is spelled with an 'a'. iMac has instant spell check...oh, I forgot, you don't have one...maybe you can buy an old paperback dictionary!

Hols,
I have had enough of all you imac backpack high society talk. I will use my paperback dictionary and when I do I won't find imac in there or ipod, iphone but I will find injustice! because that's exactlly what this is." (In the words of Bill from the film Twister) "Dorothy- you stole her you damn thief"(said with the wiggle of my chin). You see, Holly, imac is like the new car on the lot sure she might turn some heads, it might even soothe the itch of the compulsive buyer( I shouldn't ....but I just can't resist). At the end of the day it's just another car that you probably spent too much on. I see myself as a practicle man. The p.c., Hols, is like a great american classic. Everyone know she exsists. Sure, she might break down along the way from point a to b. But there is one thing that seperates the two of us. At the end of the day I have a story of how I had to perservere, that even though things didn't go my way I still got there. Who wants to listen to you ramble on about how 'my mac has never crashed blah blah blah'. Where's the excietment, where's the sense of adventure? If you want to tuck that imac security blanket around go right ahead.
I am fine out here on a limb with my p.c. I will still be here running true, on the edge.
jeff

Hey Jess,
You spelled practical wrong. Is there room for your paperback dictionary out on that limb? Hang tight, little bro. Hang tight.
Hols

7 comments:

Amy said...

This is funny.
Love the humour between you 2.

And for the record... I only own a MAC!

Jen said...

Very funny dialogue....I love my Mac Notebook!

Amy said...

ahhh...oh the battles. I think I will have to email Jeff and tell him that I already joined the macbook world a month ago. :) Live in the NOW :)

Shaun and Holly said...

Oh....guess what?!
My husband just gave me a IMAC!!! ;o)
He is setting it all up this weekend!

Shaun and Holly said...

oops....
it is am EMac

Tamatha said...

Oh how we miss you here! You with your "JeffnAmynI" stories!!:o)

Tamatha said...

I think I want a Mac now!lol:o)